Thursday, May 28, 2009

Proud Mama

Today was my youngest first school program. WOW!

First I need to go back and tell you all about being a mom. When I was young all I wanted to be was a mom! Now I have been blessed with three beautiful amazing children that drive me up a wall. This is where you laugh out loud!

Two weeks ago the end of school programs began. First was Tony. He is now in the 5th grade and his Band performed with the 6th grade band. He is first chair trumpet. He looked so handsome sitting up on that stage. I never dreamed in a million years that my son would be a trumpet player but he is really good. I am shocked and mesmerized by his ability. I can barely pull a note out of that thing and yet he can do whole songs. When the band started the music really flowed. It was wonderful to hear the precision of these young musicians. I wanted to cry it was all so wonderful. Of course when it was over and pictures began...Tony wanted out. He is embarrassed by his mom taking a ton of pictures. Too bad. I love to brag on my boy and will continue to do so. He needs to be spoiled.

So today it was my youngest, Abigial Rose. She was in the front row with her Lia, grass skirt, flower in her hair and all! She walked in and got her place in line. She looked over and saw her Daddy. Her face lit up. She was now performing for her Daddy! With her bright face glowing she sang her heart out. She was an angel of stunning grace. She sang her songs to Jesus and all I wanted to do was well up with tears. It was a beautiful thing.

Next week, Ashlynn! Kindergarten graduation! Can you believe it! My baby girl is graduating kindergarten and going to be a first grader. She has matured so much in this past year. The school, the teacher, the friends, it has been a banner year. God has blessed us so much. Next Thursday will be full of excitement and glory for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment